Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 5 Jun 2007, 13:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>is anyone going to the chatham show this weekend?

I am hopeing to make it there on the sunday.

Peter

I was considering going up on the Sunday just to check it out and try to get a few odds and ends I need.

Regards

John

·
Administrator
9,852 Posts
> is anyone going to the chatham show this weekend?
Our tickets for a railtour this weekend dropped were on the door mat. The original advertised departure was 6:20am. The actual departure is now 5:17am and we have to drive to the station and park first

If we survive that, the plan is to go to the DCC event at Peco in Devon. I wouldn't mind an update on Dynamis delivery times and a chat with South West digital to see if there's any chance of an LMS or LNER sound chip - I'm not holding my breath; so long as they can sell every new diesel sound they come up with, I can't see them changing from a winning strategy.

David

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its just as easy to get the train. there is a bus laid on to take us from the station to the dockyard.

But is you have to go by car then you might be better off parking over near the shopping complex and walking for 5 minutes. it might be cheaper. (there is also a cadburys chocolate shop in there
)

Peter

·
Registered
352 Posts
Dont think i got much option than to go by car, as im comming from farnborough, and who mentioned the choclate shop? have to avoid that, got the missus with me, any idea exactly how much to park? the word pricey frightens the life out of me, when i could use that money to buy some thing i really want!!!

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
the chocolate shop is wonderfull. they sell miss shapes by the kilo!! they also sell those massive bars of chocolate that you think only a complete pig would ever eat (not that i have ever bought one of those.....)

Do bring your own food. if the last 2 years is anything to go by then it will be terrible. also, bring a jumper. even if it is hot it can be pretty chilly in the boat sheds if the wind starts blowing through them.

Sorry i have no idea about the car park pricing.

If anyone is going on the sunday, i will be the one with the fuzzy hair. please feel free to say hello.

Peter

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Well I didn't get to the chocalate shop but I did get to go to the exhibition on a 1958 Leyland Atlantean. Didn't buy much, except a Massey Ferguson keyring - the tractor was of course 1/87!!

Also managed to link up with the British 1/87 Society - should be able to get me joined up.

Overall a very good show (especially as I got a free beer!)

Regards

John

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
I thought it was a good show.

Transport - This was let down only by the underground being screwed. I actually used the new docks shuttle bus rather than the special one they laid on for us as it was far more frequent. 9/10

Layouts - The layouts were generally very good. a nice mixture of continental and brittish. there were none of the "why on earth did they bother" layouts.

Food - the food was to the same standard as the last 2 years but i understand a friend got the telephone number of one of the waitresses so i have to say that the cuisine was first class and the service was even better. (even though i actually went to burger king!

Venue - I do like the venue. i like places that have that historic feel. i understand that it may well have been the last at that venue. its a real shame.

Shirts - because of the hot weather this was bound to be pretty bad but it made up for it by being such a well ventelated building. 9/10

Backpacks - the isles were the correct width for the number of people and it was not overcrowded. evrything was easily acessable and although there were a few backpacks they were kept under control by responsible owners. 9/10

Trade Support - For the last few years this has been the last finescale show of the season, usually supported buy many of the real finescale retailers. i think this has tailed off this year but i dont think the show was any the worse for it. it would have been nice to see phoenix paints (as i wanted to buy some) but alas it was not to be. i think there was more second hand but there were some great continental bargains to be had. i picked up a continental K's kit for £50.

Overall - this has been the last big show of the season and it lived up to that admirably. i went home thoroughly satisfied and in a good mood. i wish i could say the same for some other shows. i dont know why but this one although being no less serious just seems to have a more relaxed atmosphear. this show was a plesure to attend. after the show i went for a short walk along the river before making my way home. I look forward to next year.

Peter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts