Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i'm about to send off to get some bachmann decoders. in the next few weeks, and was wondering if the loco is - loco drive or tender drive. it's the premium box set u. s. badged, there is a wire on the coupling with the tender. whether this is for an all wheel pick-up or for the motor. thanks for any help.

p.s. tried it on the dc control, it's very very quiet. very impressed.

john

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks neil,

i thought it might have been for the all wheel pick-ups. i'm just getting the base bachmann chips with back emf. with the dynamis the hornby chips is a bit jumpy on it. one thing i notice was that it's set for the european market and not the brittish as the loco has to be turned in the opposite direction. i tried changing the polority round and had no effect. on the display for direction. someone said to turn the loco around, i only got to try it a couple of days ago. so it looks like i'm getting 5 decoders,

1. hst 125 virgin

1. m' navy

2. cl 08

1. jinty

the 08 and jinty are getting re-placed. the other 08 first chip.

john

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (john g @ 31 Dec 2007, 11:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks neil,

i thought it might have been for the all wheel pick-ups. i'm just getting the base bachmann chips with back emf. with the dynamis the hornby chips is a bit jumpy on it. one thing i notice was that it's set for the european market and not the brittish as the loco has to be turned in the opposite direction. i tried changing the polority round and had no effect.

Hello John

If the loco has a dcc socket & runs backwards compared to others its because Hornby wired it wrong - they do it sometimes.

two fixes:

Best:
Reverse the two wires at the motor brushes (swap them). This will make it run the same way as others when forward is wanted. (turning the loco doesn't help - forward is relative to loco not track with DCC)

Easiest:
Change CV29 to 7 if you are using a 2 digit address, or CV29 to 39 if you are using a 4 digit address.

Regards and best wishes for 2008

Richard Johnson
DCCconcepts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks all for re-plying, most helpful

john

have a happy new year

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.