Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've used Guagemaster Handheld feedback controllers on all my layouts and they have been excellent. At shows I'm always being complimented on the quality of the running - people ask "how do you get them to run so slow ?"

I also have an H&M Clipper, but ONLY for loco testing. If a model runs OK on the H&M then on the Guagemaster it will be superb. I'd never use the older device on a layout though. In the 40+ years since it was built, technology has come on a bit !

As for DCC, well it's fashionable and if you want sound in your locos then I'd recomend it but otherwise I'm not convinced. Perhaps I'm just old fashioned !

Phil

·
Registered
147 Posts
No - please don't go down the 1960's H&M Duette/Clipper route. Technology has moved on a lot since then and you can get very nice NEW controllers from Gaugemaster for only a few quid more than the second hand stuff.

The running of your locos will be vastly superior and enjoyable.

I do own a Clipper, but only for testing chassis when building them. For layout use I always use a hand held Gaugemaster. And people compliment me on the running of my models all the time. If it runs OK on the H&M then given a proper controller will make it silky smooth.

Phil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts