Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a 6' x 2' model of a modern branch line station and mineral sidings in 'OO' Gauge. I wish to operate the branch line and sidings at the same time, to have motorised points linked to light signals and to have street lights on the station platform and mineral yard. Can you please suggest a suitable controller(s) in which to invest?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the first two replies. Perhaps in the end it becomes a choice between the less expensive DCC controllers and engines and the advantages of more straightforward control of engines,track areas and points setting.

Is there any advantage from the point of view of co-ordinating light signals and points by using DC?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies which I have caught up with after some time. I have bought a Lenz 100 and transformer, having decided to go the DCC route.

Never having soldered in my life I am now the owner of a soldering iron and am going to develop my skill at adding some drop wires to track and also putting together a programming / test track.

With two largely unused trains, an 08 and a Class 56, purchased over 20 years ago, and the help of my local Modal Shop I am going to try and fit basic decoders and see if they still run. If not then it is back to saving more pennies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts