Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Alan D
1,480 Posts
I will eventually go DCC but at the mo I am using 2 H&M Clippers and an H&M Duette. I want to concentrate on building the layout first. I will be however getting Gaugemaster feedback controller as I have inclines. But if your layout is on the flat the Clipper or Duette are excellent and you can pick them up off ebay for about £10 to £15.

Cheers

Alan

·
Alan D
1,480 Posts
I agree with Paul even on a reasonably steep incline The H&M controllers will still pull, although on mine I think the incline is just a wee bit much.

But I would definitely go DC at the start because the cost of track is expenseive enough especially if you use some form of Set-Track. Then as the layout progresses you can chose other options. If you decide to go DCC later on, I believe you will get money back from Ebay if you get H&M or gaugemaster controllers and decide to sell them later on.

That's what this hobby is all about, - you will never finish it. Even when one job is complete you may want to improve something else as your skill level increases.

Cheers Alan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts