Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got Decembers Steam Railway, Clan Line is back!!

Hopefully she will be out on national rail tours very soon and we can all see the big Bullieds where they belong!!

If anyone from the A1 group is looking, book her for your next Talisman, would be interesting to see how she compares with LMS Duchess of Sutherland and LNER A4 Union of South Africa and make it the big four trails, with a king out there, am sure all four could be compared, any thoughts?

Brian

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>If anyone from the A1 group is looking, book her for your next Talisman, would be interesting to see how she compares with LMS Duchess of Sutherland and LNER A4 Union of South Africa and make it the big four trails, with a king out there, am sure all four could be compared, any thoughts?

A similar tour was done in 1977 to mark the Queen's silver jubilee. Sir Nigel Gresley, Princess Elizabeth, King George V and Clan Line from Chester to Newport. As I remember it, we ended up quite late into Newport but Clan Line did its best to make up some lost time and was the stongest memory of the day.

David

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
We have a gap for a loco for 2007 so maybe a big Bulleid would be fun. However the King might not get a chance because by 2008 we hope that Tornado will be handling the train!

For the latest progress see http://www.a1steam.com

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>However the King might not get a chance
That would be a pity, I don't have a special preference for the GWR as you might guess from my avatar, but I had a very enjoyable trip on the Torbay Express this summer behind King Edward I. Shame about the 75mph speed limit. More details on the trip are in my blog.

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (bro sewell @ 1 Dec 2006, 18:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just got Decembers Steam Railway, Clan Line is back!!

Well I hope to see her back down here in (not so) sunny Margate soon.

Regards

John

·
garage hobbit&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just seen some pic's of her on You Tube with the VSOE stock, this was the second 'run in' as she did her intial trails in secrete on Oct 25th under cover of drakeness! She ran with her support coach and a desesil for back up and covered over 50 miles!

If anyone has those pic's I would love to see them!

Brian

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (bro sewell @ 6 Dec 2006, 17:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just seen some pic's of her on You Tube with the VSOE stock, this was the second 'run in' as she did her intial trails in secrete on Oct 25th under cover of drakeness! She ran with her support coach and a desesil for back up and covered over 50 miles!

If anyone has those pic's I would love to see them!

Brian

Some nice pics on youtube - just type in "clan line" - shame about the weisel on the end LOL !

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 6 Dec 2006, 18:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>shame about the weisel on the end

Don't worry Brian, I'm sure they only put it there to make up the weight, the mighty Clan Line don't need no modern assistance. A big well done to the engineering staff involved

Regards

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts