Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I have read the comparison report on the#37's.....am I being a tad unfair in observing that the price difference is really a good deal greater than that quoted?

Currently I think the Bachman offering locally may be around the £70 mark (I haven't ACTUALLY enquired in case I'm tempted...but I did get an example 'quote' when I last bought stuff)...whereas, I paid a straight £50 for my Vitrains example..( Regional decor by choice, with option of railbloo rejected)....so I expect to find a price difference of more like £20, than the £5 quoted.....which to me is vast.....and well worth overlooking [and modifying] the odd discrepancies.

Or am I a less demanding customer in this day and age?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
all reminds me of the hoo haaa on the US scene years ago......actually, nobody seemed to mind for years that Athearn's Jeeps had a carbody which was too wide.....they apparently did the job, hit the button, so sold like hot cakes.....

recent comment in Model Railway Express re competition says it all.........well done ViTrains.....your presence has certainly gee'd up the likes of Bachmann.....and yes, the very fact we have a NEW manufacturer on the scene (even if their products are comparable with 10 year old models...I'd have said '5 years old'.....) that in itself represents progress.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.