Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
See! Now I fancy this model, being an ex member of the Royal Corps.

Particularly intrigued by the "bugger bar" Hee Hee!!

A typo, methinks!

Ian

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Hello,
As the proud owner of a model Peak (D55 Royal Signals, in memory of my late father who served in the Corps during World War Two) I would agree with much written here. I found the sound good but it is my first sound chipped model so really nothing to compare it with. I also agree that the name plate should have been fixed in place by the manufacturer, not the purchaser, for the reasons given in the review.
One question though. The weight of the Delitic is given, in my Ian Allen spotters book (price 18p) of Jan 1971 as 100 tons, not the 106 as claimed by Doug in the review. Were the Deltics modified with extra equipment later in life to increase the weight by 6 tons?
As to maximum haulage capacity of the Peak I have had mine running at a scale 90 mph with ten Mk 1 bogies, but on a level track.
Regards,
Greg.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Guys, A couple of days ago I was sifting through some old.... very old.... negatives looking for something totally unrelated when I came across some strips of Black and white negs that I recognised as being taken at Leicester Stabling Point after the Shed had been demolished in 1972. Since I have a Canoscan scanner with neg capability I decided to see what I had taken pics of over 40 years ago.

What a surprise, so many locos all blue not one with a D prefix, but all carrying the original numbers....including 55, Royal Signals. What I did remember about those nameplates from back then is that they were made of Gun metal and UNPAINTED. It was sometime later when they began to get tarted up in red.

I would dearly like to post some pics... I searched further and found some really nice Colour pics from back then...perfect for modelling accuracy...but I have no idea how to post pics here. Help please.

I found the insert Image link, but these pics are on my file and have not been posted anywhere else and so have no URL. Just want to post them thats all. How difficult can it be?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts