·
Registered
882 Posts
That's because it didn't have any!
http://www.icrs.org.uk/images/Photogallery...Allen/66612.JPG

Does your model have the nameplates?
What gauge is it?

I bought a GBRF livery GraFar and the nameplates were missing
The retailer checked the three other ones and they were also missing the nameplates
The retailer was kind enough to contact Bachmann, but all they could offer was a return to the factory and swap
So the retailer offered to send me a set of nameplates from Shawplan for FREE

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only reason I asked was that the Bachmann OO gauge model has the logos, yet I keep seeing the real loco in Cardiff and it definitely doesn't have them!
So did Bachmann get it wrong, or did it have them at one time

·
Registered
201 Posts
QUOTE (alibuchan @ 29 Oct 2006, 21:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the bachman model is based on the loco between 10th October 03 and 1st march 04. The decals were removed somewhere between 1st march 04 and 18th july 04 when it had them taken off for an unknown reason.

Alistair

i forgot,

it was named on the 10th oct 03 for freightliners contract with Blue Circle Cement, hence the blue 'o' in Forth.

Alistair

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>The only reason I asked was that the Bachmann OO gauge model has the logos, yet I keep seeing the real loco in Cardiff and it definitely doesn't have them!

Steve Jones (www.electricnose.co.uk) has written a few articles in his blog about Bachmann and Freightliner liveries. I think the articles need to be read in the context of Bachmann's "sensitive summer mood".

David

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a good reason for 66612 not having any Freightliner logos on its bonnet.
A couple of years ago, 66525 caught fire whilst working a train, the loco was taken to Crewe for repairs, one of which was to the bonnet, which had distorted with the heat. the bonnet was sent away to be rebuilt but took longer than expected.
525 was complete repair wise other than having its bonnet back, 66612 was also in for a major exam, so the decision was to release 525 with 612s bonnet.

Alas when 612 was released from exam, the repaired bonnet had arrived back, but no FL logos where available, so it got refitted and sent out.

I actually have the set of big FL logos for it in my office, but as yet we have not got round to fitting them.

So, if 612 is released from Bachmann either with or without big bonnet logos, then both are technically correct.

Hope this clarifies the missing logos!, by the way I was the Flet Engineer for FL(HH) at the time and it was I who authorisd its release and bonnet swap.

Cheers

Ringo

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ringo, Thanks very much for the info, I think it looks better without the logo's, leave it as it is!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts