Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There

I know the O Gauge heading said electric but I was not sure of another place to list this, so if anyone can help I would be very greatful.

I have recently purchased an O Gauge Hornby Passenger Train Set - No 21 which I took a fancy to at an auction

I have it running around the inside of my 3 rail layout to add a bit more interest but have no idea of the date it would have been made, can anyone please help me.

It is Bristish Railways and that is about all I can tell you about it.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
From the little I have been able to find out, (one web result), it was made between 1946-48. But I'm no expert.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I would imagine it would be around 1947 or 48 rather than 1946 as British Railways only came into being in 1948.

There are some books available, including the 'Hornby Companion Series'. Volume 5 is 'The Hornby Gauge 0 System' and Volume 5A a 'Gauge 0 Compendium', published by New Cavendish Books from around 1980 onwards and with some revised editions since then. May well be found in local libraries.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
334 Posts
According to my New cavendish Book its dated as first being produced around April 1954 and goes on until 1966

1 - 6 of 6 Posts