Model Railway Forum banner

Club v Stand alone

7K views 47 replies 22 participants last post by  neil_s_wood 
Yes this is an interesting topic, and so far theres not to many positive voices towards model railway clubs, and i'm afraid i'm not going to change that, I have had an interest in model and real railways for a long time, and thought it would be a good idea to join a local club, so when i found an address to write to i duly sent off for details of meet nights ect, the response was no reply, i finally found where they met, and invited myself along, blimy was it hard work just trying to strike up a conversation, but i persisted, i tried for a year and a half before i gave up, to many rivet counters, i enjoy running and building layouts, that did not seem to be happening there, so i have gone back to just enjoying playing with my own layout, its a shame really, because it does not promote a good image towards this pastime, and come to think of it, there was not very many younger people there either, i wonder why?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.