Model Railway Forum banner

Coaches selection, need help

15K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  Ravenser 
#1 ·
Hello, I need help, I know nothing.
I'm looking for BR MK1 coaches for A3 Flying Scotsman's traction and I see there are many types of coaches, like Brake/Corridor Composite, Composite CK, Corridor First FK, Corridor SK, Full Brake BG, Restaurant Car RU, RFO Restaurant Car, RMB Miniature Buffet Car, which one and how many should I buy? I'm going to get 5-9 coaches.

I'm also looking for MK2 coaches for Class 50 D421, seem there are lesser types of MK2 coaches than MK1, what I see from Bachmann website are BFK Brake Corridor First, BSO Brake Open Second, FK Corridor First and TSO Open Second. The livery of Blue/Grey colour is quite good, in my opinion.

Thank you,
Dennis

#27 ·
QUOTE (dwb @ 25 Nov 2007, 19:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>6024's support coach is (July 2006) a BSK in chocolate and cream livery with running number W35333. It's on Commonwealth bogies and I'm guessing that the yellow axle covers means they're roller bearings?

Absolutely spot on - they should also have a red horizontal stripe across the yellow.

Regards

#28 ·
QUOTE they should also have a red horizontal stripe across the yellow.

Not in the photo I took.

David

#30 ·
QUOTE (ms06s_char @ 28 Nov 2007, 23:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is a MK2 BFK = MK1 FK?

The Mk1 FK is a corridor first - that is no brake compartment.

Regards

#32 ·
I'd have to check the standard reference (Parkin, Mk1 Coaches) as to whether there were MK1 BFKs - my guess is that having done BCK and BSK , as well as BG (full brake) Bachmann decided they couldn't justify yet another brake coach in the Mk1 range.

There were FKs in both Mk1 and Mk2 (non-aircon) and think Bachmann have produced both

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.