Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From another topic...

QUOTE My pet peeve ist that somewhere abroad, where German HO engines aren´t so popoular, there´s a shopkeeper thinking "Lord, if only some sucker would show up and ridden me of the Roco BBII or the Brawa PtL 2/2 that has been gathering dust for ages now", while I´m having a hard time looking for exactly these two engines...

QUOTE There is a model shop in Royan, France, whose window I look through at least once a year. He has an absolutely amazing collection of mint Scalextric models for sale in his shop window in boxes that are now all sunfaded...

Do you know of any stores anywhere in the world where the store owners are not living in the real world and have a goldmine of mint collectables for sale that have been out of production for years?

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 20 Jul 2007, 14:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>htere was a real traditional hardware store that sold triang on Barton street in Gloucester. their closing down sale lasted about 15 years! they finally shut their doors just before i left the area about 6 years ago.

Peter

Well do I remember that shop.....my grandfather worked in it in the late 60' and early 70's. (He lived in Hucclecote) I picked up a couple of Spot-On cars there years after they ceased production. It's always a shame when a long establised business goes, my local hardware store is closing in August - no longer will I be able to go and buy 2 bolts 2 wingnuts and 4 washers.

Regards

John

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 20 Jul 2007, 16:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>my local hardware store is closing in August - no longer will I be able to go and buy 2 bolts 2 wingnuts and 4 washers.

Regards

John

Actually you have'nt been able to for a lot of things recently - they started to go "bubble pack" some time ago.

Still, there's always Harringtons in Broadstairs where they still keep things in wooden drawes & sell them singly !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts