Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'd be quite interested to see how this project develops. I've built or restored a few of these and they have a wonderful heritage feel to them. I also spent quite a while trying to track down one of the earliest releases, the wooden-bodied W Craven Llewelyn coal wagon from the mid-50s. It didn't last long in their catalogue either. I eventually found two.

Train Vehicle Motor vehicle Rolling stock Mode of transport

Tony

·
Registered
265 Posts
PS are they in OO gauge?
They are OO Reddo and, if made sufficiently carefully, have sprung buffers and a rudimentary form of compensation: the axle boxes are sprung but, in reality, the models are insufficiently heavy to really take advantage of it.

The two brewery vans are relatively common on eBay both in kit form and already constructed. Of late however, sellers have started asking wholly unrealistic prices for these Peco wagons: for eg. a French seller has an unmade Bass van for over £40 [when postage added in] currently. TBH, I wouldn't pay more than a tenner all-in unless you were desperate to complete a collection.

You'll find one eventually at a sensible price, just keep looking.

Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.