Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Thats a neat bit of software. I didn't like zooming in and seeing a workmans bottom full size on my screen though. A bit of shock! I wonder what our lady friends think?

From my personal perspective though could you please ask Model Rail to be more considerate when planning magazine covers in future and ask them to have the front cover centred on locomotives and not workmans bottoms!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Kits reviews are subjective and down to the skills of the kit builder. More so than ready to run models. It seems odd that the reviewer did not go back to the kit manufacturer before reviewing the kit as surely it would have been apparent that something was wrong when the package was opened and something may have happened during shipment. Don't you normally test motors and check wheels before fitment? I get a sense that this review was a rush job and if a bit more time and care had been taken putting the kit together and had the reviewer liased with the company having noted issues and sought replacement parts then it would have been a better documented review.

Why review a kit product when clearly a component is not right?

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
You are right it is ready to run. I read the review several days ago so and have just had another look.

They should still have questioned things though with the manufacturer as the running qualities cannot be normal surely?

The words used in the conclusion "delightful" "appeal" "charmer" are not reflected in the 2 blob rating so it is all a non starter for me whatever as a review as it does not make any sense.

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.