Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 14 Jan 2007, 03:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well if you guys have got it now, I can start looking in March! We get the mags two months late here.

Hmmmm

If I was in the newspaper business I could see an opening there !

What do they send them by - camel ? (ah, I've just realised Royal Mail must take them all the way then !)

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 15 Jan 2007, 05:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>People just dont realise how good royal mail is.
They havent registered that most places are far far worse.
Peter

Just because there may or may not be other postal services that are worse is no excuse at all.

We have a High St address with our own individual (exclusive to us) postcode & Royal Mail constantly deliver our regular mail to a High Street 2 miles away !
Over the past 12 months they have "signed by themselves" Recorded & Special Deliveries, International Signed for parcels, opened mail, cheques gone missing, ducked out of a damage claim for a locomotive they smashed during postage via the very small print - do you really want me to go on ?
We have a file nearly 2" thick with complaints & letters regarding Royal Mail. Incidently, the most trotted out excuse from Royal Mail is "staff shortages/can't get the staff" - yet when a friend of mine enquired about vacancies he was told there were none at present - what an absolute croc of

No, I'm sorry IMHO (& based on actual experience) Royal Mail is the most incompetent organisation that we have no choice to deal with. However, they are pretty good at delivering unsolicitored & unwanted unaddressed mail though - maybe they make more money out of that than performing their primary & statatory function !

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 15 Jan 2007, 07:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you call them and askl not to get all the junk mail then they dont give it to you.

Royal mail is very good and if you dont like it then there is always fedex. you DO have a choice to deal with them.

To sent a letter anywhere in the UK is less than 30p. (we all seem to take that for granted these days)
You really dont know how good you have go it.
if it was a fiver then you would have good cause to complain. but if you are not satisfied then use another company to send your loco's.

We are registered with the Mail Preference Service but this does not apply to unaddressed mail, & yes we have asked Royal Mail not to deliver it, via their website, telephone (both to their customer "help" line & to the local sorting office) & the individual postman/woman/person, we have a notice above the letterbox & still it comes by the treeload - still now I put it back into the postbox.

The 30p for a letter is good value - if it gets there - wonder what happens to the 12 million odd items that get lost every year !

Yes, we have a choice on who we use to send stuff, but not much choice if someone has sent items to us.

Maybe Royal Mail does have satisfied customers, but we are not one of them. I noticed though you completly ignored some of my points. Do you by any chance work for Royal Mail ?

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 17 Jan 2007, 13:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i cant believe this is turning into a debate on royal mail.

You were the one who jumped in to defend Royal Mail after a couple of quite justified comments regarding their so called service. I say again - answer my points or leave it alone - don't just quote examples of situations in other countries - I was talking about Royal Mail in this country !

As for growing up - I'm looking forward to it - I'm 4 next month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.