Model Railway Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I was somewhat surprised to log on to this web site a couple of weeks ago to find this new "improved " version of Model Rail Forum. Frankly it is a great disappointment it is difficult to navigate and I do not see it to be an improvement on the original site. The old web site was easy to navigate and you could see at a glance where everything was.
I have been a member of this web site for many years now and have referred to it most days. I have obtained and given information and regarded it as a useful asset to our hobby.
Sadly this is no longer the case. Maybe I am not the only member who sees this in a negative light as there seems to be far fewer posts. I will give it another month and unless there are changes that significantly improve it, or reverts to the original format then sadly I will cease to visit it.
There are other model railway websites out there which are much easier to use and receive frequent posts. Lets hope you can improve this one.
Peter,

Sorry to say I too have been steadily abandoning once good websites following supposed 'upgrades' to the software on which they run.

The problem as I see it is that the software has to eventually be replaced to keep up with the underlying OS: now that's both necessary, and not a problem in and of itself. But what also happens is that the appearance and functionality is also modified very significantly and quite unnecessarily. What's forgotten is the old mantra 'KISS'.

Regards, Paul
I also agree with Peter and Paul.
The upgrade when it appeared seemed "oh dear, what a mess, triumph of visual design over usable site". I've given it a bit of time. Its still not very good.

People have voted with their feet (or mice and keyboards). I think the change has kicked the forum into terminal decline.

- Nigel

·
Administrator
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
We will continue to see regular updates that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Oh, and the ad-server is highly annoying. So, were I to continue using the site, I'll work out how to block their IP's/URLs. Quite why I'm getting a constant adverts to provide child models to a model agency suggests a banal level of keyword matching.

·
Administrator
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
The site will be transitioning from the dedicated support team (who works primarily with helping members transition to the new platform) over to our regular tech support team. Although this means it may take us a bit longer to respond to your questions, we will continue to be here for you and the community.
- Community Management Team

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.