Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best computer control software for DCC layout control (route setting and main control) etc?

Pete

·
Registered
101 Posts
I can't speak from personal experience, but Freiwald Train Controller software is well-thought of by many whose advice I've sought.

It's expensive, but you can download a trial version for free to see if you like it.

Here's the link: http://www.freiwald.com/

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
I didn't spot the trial download of the Railroad & Co software. Great!

And that last link posted is an absolute goldmine of PC DCC software. Fantastic!

It seems to list the entire inventory of PC DCC software available. Its probably best to have a browse and make up your own mind what might suit personal requirements.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
101 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 18 Apr 2007, 15:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I didn't spot the trial download of the Railroad & Co software. Great!

And that last link posted is an absolute goldmine of PC DCC software. Fantastic!

It seems to list the entire inventory of PC DCC software available. Its probably best to have a browse and make up your own mind what might suit personal requirements.

Happy modelling
Gary

Also, Gary, what I like is that you can download the entire manual (which is pretty well put together) so you can a get a decent idea of what the software will do. "Try before you buy!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts