Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Matt,

Followed the post over at Hornby, albeit a little brief and quiet. Again, congratulations in making this work. I am very new to model railway (xmas presents for the boys) and chose the elite controller. I am a technical / computer literate type and always get excited about the possibilities. Yeah, pc control might not be for everyone, but when people think and chat, they will see the sky is the limit. Imagine a physically disabled person using a microphone as the control interface for their railway, even younger children...I can't wait to use my blue tooth headset to drive my set - my 4 1/2 year old bot has been testing the speech recognition on my vista laptop to make sure he will be up to it - he is very advanced language wise and will be fine - he can't wait to tell Thomas to go.

The routes and more will be just as big a deal too.

I am wondering if any dealers out there are willing to send a decoder to test. I have the first version Hornby acc decoder that is idle at the moment and would be more than happy to post it to you for a few weeks?

Michael - Aus.

hopeful beta tester of this software.

·
Registered
33 Posts
QUOTE (nzpaul @ 4 Apr 2008, 17:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Matt, this is an absolute sensation. i've just watched it on Youtube and I'm stunned at what you've achieved.
You've also solved the Elite users multi button push syndrome for function selection. I'd love to have a go with it when you've got it all sorted out. i'll keep an eye out for it, please keep us informed about whwre to get it from etc.
Cheers
PaulM

Hi Paul, and all other interested parties....

I have been doing some beta testing for Matt and can only say that the video is only half the story. When you actually start to command your trains using voice it is excellent
. The elite obviously has 2 throttles, but as most of you are aware, using both at once is problematic anyway, rotating both dials simultaneously causes glitches with one or both of them. With voice control, even at the early stage it is in, i can EASILY control 3 locos at once, on 2 loops!! Switching between locos is very fast and i can run a quick string of commands.....Say my sound equipped diesel is at 50%, i can give 4 uick "slowdowns" then "brakes" and another "slowdown" it cruises in with brake squeal sounding and can stop where i want.

I am using a bluetooth headset (usually for mobile phone use) direct to my laptop. I can talk to all my locos anywhere in my garage.

I hope Matt gets a little support from some keen dealers or manufacturers so accessory decoders for point control can be utilised.

Michael in Aus.

·
Registered
33 Posts
QUOTE (Matthew Peddlesden @ 6 Apr 2008, 22:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good news, first cut of accessories are in and working, need to refine my interface a bit but the underlying code seems to do the job.

Matt.
Matt, Your earlier post was 0859, saying you will have a look at accessories, then only 1.5 hrs later you have had initial success, this is coming along at an amazing rate Matt, good work.

I have used both the "Simple throttles" as well as "Voice Control" several times over the weekend and it has been great.

Funny, my son unfortunately has had little success with using his voice so he prefers to "Do it the old fashioned way!!!" using the Elite.

Anyway, eagerly await Pt II of this excellent software.

Mike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Matt,

Its been a while!! I fully understand about the time issues!!!

Anyway, glad to hear things are still progressing - my layout has doubled in size and complexity.

I eagerly await the next instalment / version of your software.

Mike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Darren,

Matt is busy at the moment connected to the Matrix driving his trains!! Yes it has come a long way....

Only kidding, i was wondering just the other day how it was going.

Mike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts