Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well done! Received my free catalogue with the spring edition of the Collectors Club magazine today. Just days after your announcements at the toyfair and before I've seen the catalogue in the shops. A great service for members. The magazine itself is a good read but ,of course, I'm spending more time browsing the catalogue at the moment.

Much improved on previous year. However its still a bit light on some important technical details.

For instance can DCC On Board locos be used on DC layouts? Do you need to remove chip or do you need blanking plate for decoder? It would be nice to know these things. I know people have views on this but it would be nice to see a definitive statement from manufacturer. I believe catalogues should contain such important information. However it is nice to see a manufacturer taking a proactive approach to DCC while satisfying their DC market.

In many ways Bachmann are taking the lead

Dynamis with wireless control looks very nice and quite small!
Diesel Sound locos brings a new dimension to the hobby
And , hidden away but perhaps significant, the forthcoming 2MT features a decoder socket in the tender - a sign of things to come to make locos truly DCC ready perhaps!

Russell

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well the DCC on board locos do run under DC control and the decoder are part of the locomotives curcitry so you cannot remove then as you will see thought Bachmann do give a DCC ready version of the Locomotives that they offer as DCC onboard so there shouldn't be any trouble there.

If you havernt noticed there is a legend for all of the symbols on the back page of the cataloge.

Pete

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I've seen the legend at the back Peter but the other information you have provided is not shown in the catalogue and I think would be more usefull!

Why am I asking? Because I like late BR crest locos (steam/diesel transition) and many of the DCC on board locos are in this time period with DCC ready ones being the earlier "lion on wheel" crest.

Thanks for the information

Russell

1 - 3 of 3 Posts