Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if this has been covered but if it has I could not find it. We are just in the process at the club of installing the SMD82 points controllers. Purchased from Bromsgrove Models very good price and delivered as quick as you like (excellent service) sorry if that sounds like a plug it isn't it is just appreciation of a good service. So tonight we were discussing the fitting of colour light signals and which we could use. There was a thought that some could not be used as they are the wrong polarity. Surely that should not matter with DCC should it? Does anyone out there have them connected and contolled by the DCC? If so which ones and were there any problems?

As ever any help appreciated.

Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a number of Eckon colour light signals operated by Lenz DCC function chips - the LF100XF. My notes for solving the problem with polarity are as follows:

Blue is the common positive output from the LF100 and goes to the signal's positive red, green, yellow and black wires.

The other individual negative outputs of the LF100 go to the three white negative feeds to the colours, and to the blue feed to the double yellow/route indicator.

To connect to LF100s, need two resistors if 4 aspect. Feed red, green and yellow wires through one, and black through the other. grouping the coloured wires, and connect the white wires to the chip's individual outputs. Join the signal's red, green and yellow wires - they are all positive and must be common. Separate the black positive wire for upper yellow aspect, and also keep separate the black and blue from the route indicator if any.

The signals have been working for at least seven years with no hiccups.

I hope that's helpful!

Francis

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (fwp @ 22 Jun 2007, 16:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a number of Eckon colour light signals operated by Lenz DCC function chips - the LF100XF. My notes for solving the problem with polarity are as follows:

Blue is the common positive output from the LF100 and goes to the signal's positive red, green, yellow and black wires.

The other individual negative outputs of the LF100 go to the three white negative feeds to the colours, and to the blue feed to the double yellow/route indicator.

To connect to LF100s, need two resistors if 4 aspect. Feed red, green and yellow wires through one, and black through the other. grouping the coloured wires, and connect the white wires to the chip's individual outputs. Join the signal's red, green and yellow wires - they are all positive and must be common. Separate the black positive wire for upper yellow aspect, and also keep separate the black and blue from the route indicator if any.

The signals have been working for at least seven years with no hiccups.

I hope that's helpful!

Francis
Thanks Francis I was beginning to wonder if I had foxed everybody on here with this one as it has taken a lot longer than usual to receive a reply. What size resistors have you used? We are just about to start putting signals in so this info will be very handy. One further question do you have your signals linked in with the operation of your points and if so how? We have the NCE pro cab and we are using the 'macro' function to route set but I am not sure if this will do the lights at the same time.

Once again Thanks.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts