Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
years ago, when I was involved in building HO modules within the NMRA Brit Region.......for the double track ''main line'' [the common running rails.....].....we used dropper wires, with a reasonable lenght of cable...to ordinary white connector blocks. These connector blocks were slightly special in that one side would have fixed pins protruding, and the adjacent block simply had brass connectors, no screws, so they just plugged together. Dunno where they came from originally, suspect Maplins.

these can be made up at home, simply by using ordinary connector blocks, with a short length of brass rod fixed into one side [screwed]...the rod should be the samediameter as the internal dimensions of the brass block, inside the connectors......simply wire up and plug together in use.

For my son's folding layout, which is electrically simple, I actually transfer the main power supply from one board to the other, by soldering one wire through a hole in the folding hinges.....two hinges, thus one is +ve, the other -ve.

for the more complicated,reversed sidings in the centre, I used a 5 pin DIN plug and socket between the boards....but this is solely due to the track layout chosen....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts