Model Railway Forum banner
61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Spring has arrived and the trees are now in leaf.

David

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Thanks Alans.
I hope to make a video street tour sometime this year.

David

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
A new batch of town houses have arrived. One is an end of terrace house with shop so I've used to close off the end of the main shopping street.
This:

has become this:

The original house has been moved to the lane down the far side of the church.

David

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Hi David It is looking very nice indeed, I have to agree regarding Kits Faller & Vollmer i think are the Best. KIbri kits are just about okay they do not go together well. The only reason i bought them is they seem to have more Swiss Themed than the others from Choice if i could get the same from Faller I would not buy Kibri. IMHO Babs

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
The end wall now has the 'A' section from the Faller Saartal backscene. This allow more convincing photos to be taken towards that end of the town:

The tower is another from Rothenburg, this one is by Vollmer. It closes off the view down the street quite nicely.

The pavement blackboard is from a set by Artitec; shame there's no one out and about to take advantage ..

David

Reactions: John Edge

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Hi David I did not know whether you would be interested in the offer on Faller Kit. I have just ordered one. Please can you tell me which glue you use to put your Faller kits together ??? Babs

Faller Kit number 190077

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I've seen the announcement for that kit and I have to say that I am tempted but it depends on whether any space behind my 'minimalist' urban station.

My current 'glue' of choice is Butanone which I get from Eileen's Emporium - https://www.eileensemporium.com/materials-f...ry_pathway-1007

It doesn't smell too much and it is pretty quick to dissolve the plastic so don't use too much.

I apply it with a sable brush I got direct from Slater's years ago specifically for their MekPak. This brush at Eileen's says it's Slaters so could be the same one - https://www.eileensemporium.com/materials-f...ry_pathway-1007

Note that the solvent has to be sent by courier so the delivery cost is comparatively high, so it's worth browsing around the site to see if there's other stuff you need. I usually stock up on styrene strip.
Alternatively you might be able to get Butanone from someone you deal with already, who might have other things to buy.

Delivery by courier is because Royal Mail do not carry solvents, so all suppliers are in the same boat.

Best of luck

David

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I had removed some buildings for access today and took the chance to get a wider angle across the pedestianised street.

You can see some of the other Artitec pavement blackboards.

David

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
David Good afternoon, Sorry i did not get back to you sooner. Thank You so much for the links and advice about the Glue. Great stuff. Your Diorama if i can call it that is Cracking amazing the way it has turned out. I am enjoying your thread and advice. Thank you. Babs

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Hmm. Funny you should say that...
Some people will appear real soon now and in imitation of real life as we live it, they will be a couple of guys who cannot work from home.

Stay tuned...

David

·
C55
2,458 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 21 May 2021, 16:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hmm. Funny you should say that...
Some people will appear real soon now and in imitation of real life as we live it, they will be a couple of guys who cannot work from home.

Stay tuned...

David

Will the guys who cannot work from home be arriving accompanied by their Spouse, with a broomstick, or Nurse with a syringe?

Tinker Tress-dresser, tailor trainer, soldier, sailor, waiter, diner??

Julian

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Don't think they're an 'item'. No broomstick but there are a couple of brushes.

David

61 - 80 of 120 Posts