Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi does anyone know of any company that can build control panels with your track diagram on,so i can place point switches and signal switches on the corresponding parts of the diagram?
cheers!

·
Registered
168 Posts
You could use tape or produce one on the computer, print it off and fix a piece of acrylic sheet such as Perspex over it. That would, I imagine, save you quite a bit of the ol' dosh.

Cheers

Ian

·
Bog Snorkeller
987 Posts
Try making one yourself first, you'll save most of your money to spend on other things for your layout.

I made this one for a few quid doing what Doddsy suggests.

Or you could make small ones like this and have them positioned around the layout - like proper signal boxes.

This one uses Wire in Tube (WIT's) as point control but you could quite easily replace the WIT's with a bank of switches.

Mike

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Another way of doing it is to use a computer program (MS Paint or a desk top publishing package or CAD - whatever's to hand) print it out and then laminate it. (Or go to your local office suppliers and get them to laminate it if you don't have access to a laminator.) Has the advantage that two A4 printouts can be put together for an A3 sized board.

Although laminating this way gives a tough 'skin' imparting rigidity, it will still need support behind to carry switches and LEDs etc. But it does save on plastic sheet such as perspex and being cheap can be altered easily if need be.

Regarfds,
John Webb

·
Bog Snorkeller
987 Posts
Thanks Brian - praise indeed.

The Clipper seems to be a million years old - something I've always had and when I changed from DC to DCC, wanted to keep it so created a DC/DCC switchable layout. It also provides a 12v DC / 16v AC supply for my accessories, lights etc.
If my NCE PowerPro performs as well for so long I've no worries.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts