1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BRITISH RAILWAY MODELLERS OF AUSTRALIA
NATIONAL CONVENTION 2007.

ADELAIDE, SOUTH AUSTRALIA. October 11-14, 2007 at the
St Francis Winery Convention Centre, Reynella.
Oct 11 - Wine and Steam Tour $A65. Oct 12 afternoon - Seminar by Tim Shackleton $A20.
Oct 13 - Convention with Tim Shackleton and 6 other speakers $A50. Oct 14 - Layout Tours.
For details, check out the News/Convention 2007 - Adelaide on www.brma.asn.au
or contact: Andrew Emmett
29 Tigress Drive, Hallett Cove SA 5158, Australia
Ph: +61+8+ 8322 2984
e-mail: [email protected]

Ron
Member of the organising Committee

·
Registered
49 Posts
Maybe like me you kept meaning to join only to discover that they haven't discovered e-commerce yet and you have to print out and fill in a document and fax or mail it somewhere and you never remember to do it. Actually the quickest way is to email the form (without credit card details) and phone through your credit card details. It really isn't that hard once you get around to it.
The joining fee includes a quarterly publication, tea and coffee once a fortnight and you get to go behind the odd exhibition layout and drive the odd train :^) Great fun and a great bunch of guys.

... Well we're a bunch of guys, anyway.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (ironduke @ 25 Mar 2007, 13:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe like me you kept meaning to join only to discover that they haven't discovered e-commerce yet and you have to print out and fill in a document and fax or mail it somewhere and you never remember to do it. Actually the quickest way is to email the form (without credit card details) and phone through your credit card details. It really isn't that hard once you get around to it.
The joining fee includes a quarterly publication, tea and coffee once a fortnight and you get to go behind the odd exhibition layout and drive the odd train :^) Great fun and a great bunch of guys.

... Well we're a bunch of guys, anyway.
Yep, you got that exactly right. Now I have it in my mind I will try to do it while I am still thinking about it.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If anyone wants a Convention registration form, e-mail me on [email protected] & I will send you one.

Ron

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
It 's not really that difficult Neil. Just fill in the form and stick a money order in with the form. Then in a couple of weeks you'll recieve a little package with your membership number and other details. Easy!!

Ozzie21

QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 25 Mar 2007, 16:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yep, you got that exactly right. Now I have it in my mind I will try to do it while I am still thinking about it.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To all Registrants & planned Registrants of the BRMA 2007 Convention to be held in Adelaide during October

Unfortunately we have to advise that Tim Shackleton, modeller & Editor of the Model Railway Journal is now unable to attend the Convention, due to personal reasons.

But now the very good news. We have been fortunate in obtaining a commitment from Peco to send out one of their senior executives as keynote speaker. Steve Haynes, Sales Manager with Peco will be able to cover similar topics to those we had planned for Tim at the convention on the Saturday, including production of the Railway Modeller and where there hobby may be heading in the future, as well as other aspects of Peco the company.

The absence of Tim has meant a change to plans for the Friday afternoon session. We have now arranged to have two workshop sessions. To accommodate the anticipated numbers we are running each session twice and all participants will be able to attend both at either 2-3 pm or 3.30-4.30 pm.

The sessions, to be run by local experts, are:

Resin moulding & casting to make your own wagon loads, buildings, wall, etc ; and
Making scenic rock faces & weathering with a toothbrush ( for this bring a wagon or van & do it yourself).

We hope that the enforced loss of Tim Shackleton is not a major disappointment to you. However, this is the first time that Peco have ever visited Australia (their second biggest market) and its going to be really interesting. If, as a result of these changes, you wish to modify your convention registration, please email the Registrar, Steve Welch, at [email protected]

Andrew Emmett

Convention Convenor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts