Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone modelled the wonderful, mad, Corsican railway? Everything about it, from the stations to the old railcars and the scenery cries out to be modelled ..

·
Registered
296 Posts
Am afraid not - if ever I see it in the French magazines I'll let you know - assuming I remember!

·
Registered
7 Posts
QUOTE (Mike H. @ 12 Dec 2008, 19:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Has anyone modelled the wonderful, mad, Corsican railway? Everything about it, from the stations to the old railcars and the scenery cries out to be modelled ..
Mike
In the 1980s there was a very nicely scenicked model of a through station on the Corsican railway on the exhibtion circuit. It was built by Mike McCormick who was a fellow member of the SNCF Society and it was fairly widely exhibited. It was built in HOe which was a compromise for metre gauge but at that time there wasn't a lot of 12mm gauge stuff around. The stations and the old railcars were fairly typical of French metre gauge "secondaires" and in the 1920s there were more of these in France than the entire British railway network today. I think there have been some articles about individual items of rolling stock in Voie Libre- the narrow gauge and secondaire modelling magazien published by Loco Review.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (pacific231k @ 30 Dec 2008, 00:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mike
In the 1980s there was a very nicely scenicked model of a through station on the Corsican railway on the exhibtion circuit. It was built by Mike McCormick who was a fellow member of the SNCF Society and it was fairly widely exhibited. It was built in HOe which was a compromise for metre gauge but at that time there wasn't a lot of 12mm gauge stuff around. The stations and the old railcars were fairly typical of French metre gauge "secondaires" and in the 1920s there were more of these in France than the entire British railway network today. I think there have been some articles about individual items of rolling stock in Voie Libre- the narrow gauge and secondaire modelling magazien published by Loco Review.

I wonder if this still exists?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts