Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is my first trip out to see steam i have been looking forward to this since christmas. I have wanted to see black 5 at Copy Pit armed with my new camara & a sunny day i thought it was going to be perfect. I set up for the perfect shot great spot itwas all going well until i i got back home & looked at it.
The photo is below & look what has happened that inconsiderate idiot has spoilt not only my photo but everyone elses too because of his ignoarance towards others. I am close to a 1000 degrees im that angry. I dont usually get like this but something i have built up to all month & looked forward to so much spoilt. That idiot could have gone to the second coach to get his footage rather than spoil everyones photo. Copy pit was absolutly packed with steam fans waiting to make full use of the great sunny weather & i bet im not the only one who is going to be spitting fire.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Alberta,

These breeds are everywhere.

But there is a cure, with your permission:

...you can photo shop these kinds away.

Baykal

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
*** I was right behind you using my new "blank out the idiot filter"...

No... not really - I just spent 5 minutes with photoshop eliminating him

If you want to send me a full (or at least much larger) resolution image by email, I can make a much better job of it for you!

Richard

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
**** LOL - "Snap" Erkut :)

·
Registered
2,151 Posts

Richard,quick wish for something.
It will come true.

Baykal

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
I have to admit that he's far more obtrusive than the "head-sticker-outers", but there is another way of looking at this (& it has been pointed out before by the organisers of steam runs) - the people on the train have paid for the train to run, whereas those at the trackside generally have not.

I can see the disappointment though from those waiting to get the perfect shot - maybe an even better one would have been of the video equipment halfway to the ballast after the cameraman lost his grip.

Still, with technology it's easy to get rid of unwanted bits.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 31 Jan 2009, 14:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have to admit that he's far more obtrusive than the "head-sticker-outers", but there is another way of looking at this (& it has been pointed out before by the organisers of steam runs) - the people on the train have paid for the train to run, whereas those at the trackside generally have not.

I can see the disappointment though from those waiting to get the perfect shot - maybe an even better one would have been of the video equipment halfway to the ballast after the cameraman lost his grip.

Still, with technology it's easy to get rid of unwanted bits.
Shortly followed by the cameraman!
OOOH, Get me!
Steve

·
Registered
229 Posts
Apparently the gentleman with the video camera is filming as part of a professional production regarding the Cotton Mills Express.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
There was a pic in (I think) Railway Magazine last summer of one of the specials on the Settle and Carlisle where the caption stated that some prominent people in bright-coloured coats had been photoshopped out. So even for publication this may be OK so long as it is pointed out.

Lovely pic, I can feel the need for a special like that on my contemporary layout.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Notwithstanding the fact that if he carries on like that he's going to get very well acquainted with a bridge abutment sooner or later, maybe he was just as annoyed at all the lineside photographers getting in the way of the scenery ? It works both ways.

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 1 Feb 2009, 02:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the people on the train have paid for the train to run, whereas those at the trackside generally have not.

Indeed. Were it a photo charter, it would be another matter. It's really only a minor niggle in an otherwise lovely shot.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (stuartp @ 2 Feb 2009, 14:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Notwithstanding the fact that if he carries on like that he's going to get very well acquainted with a bridge abutment sooner or later, maybe he was just as annoyed at all the lineside photographers getting in the way of the scenery ? It works both ways.

Indeed - in any case how soon before the H & S police look at this whole aspect - will we then have grilles fitted to the insides of rolling sock ?

Maybe windows that don't open & back to the days when passengers were locked into the carriages from the outside.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
From seeing the behaviour of some of the "Yoof" on Deal station that would be a good idea!
Steve

·
Registered
555 Posts
QUOTE Indeed - in any case how soon before the H & S police look at this whole aspect - will we then have grilles fitted to the insides of rolling sock ?

It's been considered before - ICSTU considered fitting the maroon BN91 set with bars after that bloke got decapitated on the N Wales Coast in the early 90s (?), I can't remember whether they were actually fitted or not though. It only needs a stroke of the pen for someone at Network Rail to make it mandatory.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Windows were always barred off on certain routes - North London Line and Cumbrian Coast IIRC - due to unusually tight clearances. I also seem to recall that further down the Copy Pit line one of the tunnels has an internal supporting frame so that could be pretty tight too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts