Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Does anyone know the easy way of coupling up a fleischmann loco to lilliput stock with the roco coupling. I am on my fourth fleischmann adapter coupling. Most are way too low and this one will work once I have cut off the bit that hangs down.
If it helps its fleischmann ref 6520
http://www.fleischmanndirect.ltd.uk/sub-fl-hod-1.htm

you will need to list down a few couplers first........

I really need a coupler that bends up instead of down !

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
If the Roco coupling is the loop type try 6523.but make sure that the peice of metal(6522) at the back of the coupling holder is still in stitu to act as a spring return for the coupling and holds the coupling in place,(stops it drooping downwards).

David

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (adecoaches26point4 @ 29 Nov 2007, 19:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If the Roco coupling is the loop type try 6523.but make sure that the peice of metal(6522) at the back of the coupling holder is still in stitu to act as a spring return for the coupling and holds the coupling in place,(stops it drooping downwards).

David

Thanks for the help but 6523 is much too low. Have I missed something !

·
In depth idiot
7,729 Posts
If the coupler is moulded in a thermoplastic, a little heating will allow reshaping. I have successfully 'reformed' Hornby's version of the Roco style coupler to get a height match between Bachmann and Hornby coaches.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (34C @ 29 Nov 2007, 23:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If the coupler is moulded in a thermoplastic, a little heating will allow reshaping. I have successfully 'reformed' Hornby's version of the Roco style coupler to get a height match between Bachmann and Hornby coaches.

If a little heating will solve the problem, that's great but look here
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u113/sm...nt=rocohook.jpg

to see the amount of difference........

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (adecoaches26point4 @ 30 Nov 2007, 07:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree thats miles to low,can you give a photo of the loco from the back.

David

No handy back photo but I can sort one out later if needed.

This link covers the fleischmann hook adapter but then the unhooking bar !! hangs down too low
and its still not correct but very close...

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u113/sm...rrent=hook2.jpg

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Hi smokeyone,

It looks to me that you have the slot in the FLM coupling in the wrong place - the slot goes either side of the mounting on the loco, if you see what I mean.

Hope this helps (give me a ring sometime, although the hours are still a bit abnormal).

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 30 Nov 2007, 08:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi smokeyone,

It looks to me that you have the slot in the FLM coupling in the wrong place - the slot goes either side of the mounting on the loco, if you see what I mean.

Hope this helps (give me a ring sometime, although the hours are still a bit abnormal).

Thanks for the advice. I could have it wrong but the fleischmann red plastic goes inbetween the black plastic of the coupler, sort of slots in and is held by a pin !

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u113/sm...t=rocothree.jpg

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Now I see the problem (provided that your BR65 is the current plastic bodied one).

This version has a NEM pocket so to change to the one you require for the Liliput coaches you would need the FLM 6511 rather than the one I think you have the 6523.

If you need some 6511's PM me with your address (save me looking for it) & I'll post some off to you. I take it you still have the NEM pocket(s) ?

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 30 Nov 2007, 11:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now I see the problem (provided that your BR65 is the current plastic bodied one).

This version has a NEM pocket so to change to the one you require for the Liliput coaches you would need the FLM 6511 rather than the one I think you have the 6523.

If you need some 6511's PM me with your address (save me looking for it) & I'll post some off to you. I take it you still have the NEM pocket(s) ?

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the really nice offer but alas my loco does not have a pocket....just flat plastic with a hole in it for the pin at the end of the tender bogie. even Mr Fleischmann said to get the 6523 but that's too low.
Could my Lilliputs be too high !

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Smokeyone @ 30 Nov 2007, 14:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for the really nice offer but alas my loco does not have a pocket....just flat plastic with a hole in it for the pin at the end of the tender bogie. even Mr Fleischmann said to get the 6523 but that's too low.
Could my Lilliputs be too high !

The 6523 is the one for the earlier BR65 (the one with the metal body) - I've double checked my BR65 & it appears that the NEM pocket (its more of an adaptor really) is missing - I've probably got spares if you want a couple.

The Liliputs look to be the correct height.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 30 Nov 2007, 15:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The 6523 is the one for the earlier BR65 (the one with the metal body) - I've double checked my BR65 & it appears that the NEM pocket (its more of an adaptor really) is missing - I've probably got spares if you want a couple.

The Liliputs look to be the correct height.

Ah! Do you mean an adapter that goes on the tender bogie, split in it, red plastic in middle, then put a pin throught it.
Than you connect 6511, voila, roco coupling !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts