Model Railway Forum banner

couplings again!!!

974 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  tommyrob123
hi all, i have just bought 8 dapol coaches and fitted light bars at great cost. look good, however, coaches keep uncoupling at various stages. as these will be kept as a rake and will not be separated does anyone have ideas of how to stick, pin glue nail or any other method the couplings together without stopping them functioning on curves and points etc.
any advice greatly appreciated
cheers
1 - 4 of 9 Posts
i will be using them as a fixed rake, no shunting. i can't see anything standing out as a problem which is rather annoying. i was thinking of trying magnetic couplings but with the cost of coaches and the lights i really don't want to spend any more. if i could connect thwm together as a fixed rake i would be happy at that.
just sent for the Hunt Elite couplings. very good price for a set. thanks for the info. jamesd.
Reactions: 1
i spoke to Hunt and because i have some r1 curves we have gone for the intermediate elite. i'll leave the dcc concept for now. costs me enough for n gauge sound loco's
1 - 4 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.