Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, does anyone know how many roads Coventry Shed had in 1959 please ?
I THINK it only had about 2 or 3, I am doing it for my layout and I remember the station and shed and its postion well but I am blowed(for the wants of a better expression) if I can remembr how many roads it had inside.

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (41235 @ 12 May 2008, 04:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello everyone, does anyone know how many roads Coventry Shed had in 1959 please ?
I THINK it only had about 2 or 3, I am doing it for my layout and I remember the station and shed and its postion well but I am blowed(for the wants of a better expression) if I can remembr how many roads it had inside.

***Hi
I'm not sure but Alan Godfrey maps is a great source of data for such things: From their online info they do have an OS map showing it in detail as below:

"The Coventry South map continues coverage south of Coventry and is far less built up. The railway runs across the map while the Leamington branch runs south. Features include Whitley Common, Whitley Coal Wharf, engine shed (at Leamington Jct), St James church Stivichall. Directory entries P-Z are also included, plus a directory for the tiny village (population 81) of Stivichall."

Their URL for this page is http://www.alangodfreymaps.co.uk/coventry.htm. The map detail is always great and their service is pretty good so it may be worth getting hold of the relavant map which will clearly show the shed and any associated railway track, so providing a pretty definitive answer.

Regards

Richard
DCCconcepts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
You could always try and find a copy of Bolger's loco sheds - Midland region. I think it's out of print but copies do turn up at exhibitions and second hand book shops fairly frequently.

Hope this helps.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts