Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
I promsied my son last year a little tailchaser layout for his room that would fit on the shelf unit in his bedroom. Nothing too flash just something that he can run his own trains on. I spoke to Chris at Chuffers of Guisborough and they had a little layout going spare they used to use as a little shop window display. I thought it looked brilliant and would suit Craig to a T.

After a year of promises and problems with my health and worrying about my daughter wrecking it I took the plunge and got it running after a little tweeking.

I had a little plymouth shunter which will be his running this afternoon on DC power and it was brilliant.

I've uploaded a video to youtube to show it off.

It still needs some work like fixing down some trees and also needs a tunnel entrance sorting out but for being sat in a shed for nearly a year I was chuffed it didn't need that much fettling to get it running.

Enjoy the video and comments welcome.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hi Harkins that little layout looks really good. I like the way it goes round and up and still stays continuous.

I'm sure your son is thrilled with it.

Here's to your next project

Kind rgards
Paul

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only problem I have with it is that the plymouth or the equivilant sized locos are the only ones really that will run round it as when it was constructed the only bit that is peco set track is a short crossing which is under the hill section at the back. The rest of the track was made using flexi track so the curves are a little tight for anything else to go round and the tunnel entrances which can't really be changed otherwise it might damage the layout not only that the wooden struts that hold up the top level are a little close to the tunnel entrances and without completely starting again with them he will be confined to running the small engines which isn't a bad thing really as I'm not exactly going to be chuffed if I see one of my class 60's lying in his room somewhere.

I did notice when doing the video though that his walls are a nice shade of blue as well, although you can't actually see it due to the bad light in the room.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
QUOTE (harkins77 @ 12 Nov 2008, 10:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The only problem I have with it is that the plymouth or the equivilant sized locos are the only ones really that will run round it as when it was constructed the only bit that is peco set track is a short crossing which is under the hill section at the back. The rest of the track was made using flexi track so the curves are a little tight for anything else to go round and the tunnel entrances which can't really be changed otherwise it might damage the layout not only that the wooden struts that hold up the top level are a little close to the tunnel entrances and without completely starting again with them he will be confined to running the small engines which isn't a bad thing really as I'm not exactly going to be chuffed if I see one of my class 60's lying in his room somewhere.

I did notice when doing the video though that his walls are a nice shade of blue as well, although you can't actually see it due to the bad light in the room.

Hi mate, Maybe you should start a layout of your own
. You will be able to run your own engines and stock then!!

Kind regards

Pul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts