Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Can anybody help me out. I'd like to get a nut spinner to make it easier to remove/replace the crank pin screws on Hornby and Bachmann locos. Does anyone know the siz(es) - BA or metric , and a source for suitable box spinners?
Many Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Hornby supply with their live steamers a 2.5mm and a 2mm hexagonal socket spanner (width measured across the flats of the screw heads) which fits the crank pins and other bits. This also fits ordinary Hornby locos and Bachmann from experience. Unfortunately the Hornby catalogue does not list these as being available separately.
You might try "Eileen's Emporium" on 020 8771 3366. They attend a number of model railway shows and will be at Warley; or e-mail: [email protected] (no web site listed.) www.allcomponents.co.uk might be worth a try. Many local model shops also keep tools appropriate for modelling and could supply you.
Regards,
John

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I bought mine from Kent Model spares at a show, it fits the wheel bolts, it works better on the Hornby ones with a bit of Blue Tack pushed inside of it. I have a set of small nut runners, but the original is the tool I normally reach for.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help Guys. I'm going to try a set listed by Maplins when I can get near to my local store.

·
Registered
64 Posts
QUOTE (talyllyn1 @ 26 Nov 2007, 17:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for the help Guys. I'm going to try a set listed by Maplins when I can get near to my local store.

The only set listed by Maplin (YW61R) does not have 2 mm or 2.5 mm nut spinners in it - the smallest is 3mm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts