Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right! After lurking for a couple of days. Yep! That was as long as could wait!

I like to credit good customer service when I come across it and I have just had dealings with someone who displays excellent customer service.

I just bought some stuff from Wizard Models (http://www.wizardmodels.co.uk) and I have to say that I am impressed. The product I ordered arrive after only a couple of days. It was, however, slightly incorrect (the wrong wire included). So, this morning, at sparrow's whatsit, I e-mailed them to explain. I have just received a reply apologizing and informing me that the correct wire is in the post.

The person in question is Andrew and I would like congratulate you on your service.

Nuff sed!

Ian

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Ian and welcome to the MRF.

I too have found that most model rail equipment suppliers do give excellent service and are very quick at correcting errors if they make them. I recently purchased some rolling stock from MRE at Milton Keanes and they inadvertantly sent a BR liveried wagon instead of a GWR liveried one. A quick e-mail and that was remedied the same day.

There are, however, exceptions to every rule. I am presently having problems with a company called 'NBrass' who make various N Gauge loco detailing items including replacement front bogies for Graham Farish 4-6-0 s. I have had some front bogies on order now for almost 8 months and, despite repeated promises of 'next week' and 'soon', I have still not received them. If there was an alternative supplier I would cancel the order.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Expat @ 16 Jan 2009, 08:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have had some front bogies on order now for almost 8 months and, despite repeated promises of 'next week' and 'soon', I have still not received them.

Trevor,

Eight months!! That's a bit of a stretch isn't it? Now! I am guessing that if they had told you right at/or near the beginning that there was some problem or delay you would not be half as annoyed.

It is always the odd supplier or glitch in a system that people seem to latch on to and before you know it everybody is tarred with the same brush. It is for this reason that I feel it is important to highlight the good side of company's/supplier's services whenever it happens. Especially when the extra mile has been travelled.

You never know, Trevor, NBrass may include a little extra goody in your shipment when it arrives
. You can but live in hope.

All the best and sorry to hear that you are having some 'issues'

Ian

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry but I'm findig thr reverce. Two weeks before xmas I ordered a Ratio kit from my local shop. and was told it would be here before xmas. I'm still waiting.
I've been lookig for a Hornby loco. phoned around but but could olny find it with out DCC. the Dcc version is about £10 more. one local shop said they only had the unfitted one but for an extra £30 they'd fit a chip. I said no thanks.
Then last friday i found what I wanted in a shop in Manchaster. I paid for it, and was told it would be sent stright off and be with me Wed/Thursday. Great.
I'm still waiting. I called them today. and was told it was not sent till Wednesday. No sorry.
Do they want the trade.

BOB

·
Registered
604 Posts
My local shop is the best model railway shop in the world. Excellent service, knowlegeable staff, an owner who worked for BR and is very active in the local model railway scene. The shop deserves naming as I have found them as good as stated. The name "Caistor Loco" at Caistor, Lincolnshire . They even opened up specially for me today as traffic held us up on the way and I met the owner going home. I think the good shops deserve our support and any poor one need naming.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (patrick draper @ 16 Jan 2009, 21:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They even opened up specially for me today as traffic held us up on the way and I met the owner going home.

Now, that is 'above and beyond' and definitely deserves a mention.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Has anyone had any dealings with the girls at Buffers in Axminster Devon? If not I recomend them ,they are friendly,helpfull and there is a sign on the door which reads "dont leave the women in the car,bring them in for a coffee"Also the shop is huge with a lot of everything and considering recent events in the shop I think they are doing well and deserve the support of modellers like us.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
QUOTE Has anyone had any dealings with the girls at Buffers in Axminster Devon? If not I recomend them ,they are friendly,helpfull and there is a sign on the door which reads "dont leave the women in the car,bring them in for a coffee"Also the shop is huge with a lot of everything and considering recent events in the shop I think they are doing well and deserve the support of modellers like us.

if you don't happen to have a 'woman in the car'...why not grab a passer-by?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I have found excellent service from the folk at Liverpool, via mail order...like their parcels done up with string...nice olde-worlde touch...

Howes have been good with service too.....

Alan Gibson has responded quickly, as did MArkits...even when I forgot [or not?] to mention EM gauge.....Ultrascale however have placed me on hold....let's hope I don't spend the hundred and odd quid's worth of wheelsets I ordered before they eventually get sent....I have heard of an 8 month lead time........

53a Models, in Hull, are also to be recommended, such a vast stock of bits, etc....and helpful advice to boot.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
QUOTE (alastairq @ 25 Jan 2009, 14:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>if you don't happen to have a 'woman in the car'...why not grab a passer-by?
I've always got a woman in the car just in case I get lost (someone to blame for my lack of consentration}

1 - 13 of 13 Posts