Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
29 Posts
I loved Florians article on rivet-counters !

Nothing wrong with accuracy and detail, but don't inflict your hang-ups on everyone else.

What would these guys say about a Deltic in Intercity Swallow livery pulling the Lima military gun train through a desert scene with palm trees ? I have witnessed this on a layout, and all I can say is that the owner gets a huge amount of fun from his version of model railways. Is this any less valid than those who prefer their models to smell right if they could ?

PS. I never heard this guy complain about any really accurate model not being bright enough for his tastes.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am busy building a new layout (photos to come) that will be as non-descript as possible with the intention of running very different trains: British locos from the steam age, French pre and postwar locos, South African steam and diesel and the kids' Thomas trains.

I love detail, but I can't build quaint English villages alongside French freight yards. So the layout will be generic and I'll build some individual modules that have specific detail from specific periods that can slot into the bigger layout.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anyone know of a river counter who has actulally counted rivets and is knowledgable on the number of rivets in a particular vehicle?

By the way, what are the essential dimenstions of a rivet? Are they different in different railways companies/eras etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts