Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
QUOTE (wiggy25 @ 15 Jun 2008, 14:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This is mental!

Carried out a decoder reset and also went through decoder recovery program with the PowerCab.

If I program CV1 (short address) with a value of 7 then select loco 7, the loco will run forwards and in reverse but very slow.

So go to CV5 and that is reading 7 ?? So I enter 250 which is almost top volts and the address in CV1 now reads 250

It doesn't seem to effect the long address, but somethings not quite right.

Very very strange, me thinks the decoder is having a brain drain!

Any other ideas anyone?

Ian,

If I'm correct, then I know exactly what is wrong.

Are you using page mode programming?

Do you find that writing to CVs 5 - 8, or 9 - 12,... (each group of 4) actually writes to CVs 1 - 4?

I had a problem with SPROG and QSI Version 6 sound decoders that did this and had to tweak the SPROG firmware to fix it. Co-incidentally, about two days later, someone sent me a small Tomix n gauge track cleaner that exhibited the same symptoms and I believe it had a CT decoder fitted, but need to check on that.

Andrew Crosland

·
Registered
835 Posts
QUOTE (wiggy25 @ 16 Jun 2008, 14:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Andrew,

I can't be 100% sure, as I tried lots of different things but I do believe that is whats happening.
As when I program CV1 short address to say 7
Then CV5 and CV6 read the same as CV1 thats a fact, didn't check the others but I can do later.
As for paged mode I'm not sure, just use program track on the PowerCab, which I assume would default to page mode?

Is there any way round this, if this is actually the case.
If it the same problem then CV5 should read the same as CV1, CV6 the same as CV2, CV7 the same as CV8, etc.

I was a bit confused with my earlier reply. I'm now at home and able to check my notes. Whilst the symptoms with the DCZ75 were the same as the QSI v6 decoder, I didn't manage to fix the problem for the DCX and came to the conclusion that this decoder does not support paged mode. This was certainly true for some earlier CT decoders, but someone else may be able to confirm for the DCX75.

The only solution in that case, is to program in direct mode.

Andrew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.