Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (wiggy25 @ 15 Jun 2008, 21:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hope someone can help with this!

I have this CT elektronic decoder fitted to a diesel 04 shunter and it's being a swine!

It says that programming CV1 with a value of 0 gives it a hardreset.

Cheers

***Doop - CV1 is reserved by the NMRA for short address - it should NEVER be used for anything else! It sort of beggars belief that setting short address to zero will set short address to 3 if you see what I mean :) :)

When CV's start showing 255 everywhere, its usually an indication of an attack of brain death or accidentally induced alzheimers in the decoder processor.

Set CV1 to address 3 and then simply try CV8 to 8 as a reset and see if that helps. I'm not hopeful - its just that I cannot believe any decoder Mfr would use the standard short address Cv for global reset!

Go Back to TCS M1's or ESU LokPilot Micro's for a sensible reliable result Ian!

Richard
DCCconcepts

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
***Hi Ian

Not bad as manuals go, but in relation to your problem there's not much help there. I'd suggest looking at CV30 and resetting it to zero if it has any other value in it - apart from that, no other ideas, sorry.

Richard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.