Model Railway Forum banner

Current Freight Ops In Kent

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  nevardmedia 
#1 ·
I';m trying to get some upto date photos of locos in Kent, In particular Dover, Folkestone line, does anyone have any timings for any movements in this area.

Thanks

Paul

#5 ·
I have seen the freightmaster books and have been trying to get someone that will photocopy the pages that i need, I'm not paying over £13.00 for a book about the whole country when i just want to know about east Kent. I will see if someone at my local station might be more helpful.

Paul

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you can find a friendly member of station staff at the location you want to watch at they might have access to Trust, but they won't be allowed to give you consist details for future trains as it can be sensitive info in the current security climate, depends on the policy their company has.
I tried putting in folkestone and dover and didn't come up with any freight movements, so where abouts are you going to watch trains?
I'm afraid we are only allowed to give general details such as a good time to go there, other local enthusiasts might have a direct source of Gen so try chatting to other photographers you see and see if they have a contact for that day.

#7 ·
QUOTE (dollandsmoor @ 12 Apr 2008, 09:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have seen the freightmaster books and have been trying to get someone that will photocopy the pages that i need, I'm not paying over £13.00 for a book about the whole country when i just want to know about east Kent. I will see if someone at my local station might be more helpful.

Paul

Buy on, photocopy it, take it back for a refund.......

#8 ·
You could try looking on the Flicker photo website to see if there is a group which collects freight train photos for the area you are interested in. I stumbled across a group last night which had some photos of an area of the country I was interested in for some model research. I think it's saved me a trip. The trouble is, because I stumbled across the group in question, I don't know how you search for one specifically.

David

#9 ·
Historically Kent has never had much freight flow - mostly it used to be locally produced coal, long since gone. I understand that currently there is very little in the Dover/Folkestone area apart from tunnel flows and they are, I believe few and far between.

Most activity seems to based on Dollands moor.

Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.