Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
I returned two years ago to railway modelling by buying a Hornby live steam set. I had a couple of problems with it, but Hornby responded quickly and with good technical advice.

I then started building a layout on which to run the live steamer and found another problem regarding the short connection between power supply and controller. This took longer to sort out, but again once in contact with the technical people the matter was rapidly resolved. So about 9/10 to Hornby.

I've since bought some modern examples of both Hornby and Bachmann locos and rolling stock and have had no problem with any of them or the suppliers. The quality does seem to have comsiderably improved over the last 40 years.

What I miss most is the decent local model shop - I have to go a distance to find my nearest!

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Thanks for the advice - In St Albans we have a '3 Counties Toy fair' at a local school every three months. There is also a quite good range of exhibitions within a reasonable distance from here, including the Chiltern MR Association one in January actually in St Albans.

The trouble with exhibitions that they are very tempting to the pocket!
Regards,
John Webb

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.