Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am in the process of trying to get an expensive (to me) US loco repaired or replaced. It broke down after 6 months infrequent use. Despite numerous phone calls to the UK supplier who, in turn, is trying to contact the US manufacturer I still have a duff product. The supplier seems to imply that since the loco worked for 6 months without fault then the warranty is questionable. I assume a warranty to be one year and if the product fails within that period it should be repaired or replaced without question. As negotiations are still ongoing I will not name the Manufacturer or supplier, but I am getting a little pee'd off at this stage.

Brian

·
Registered
121 Posts
Neil

I was about to contact the manufacturer, however the supplier has just informed me that they had at last responded and are shipping a new sound chip. I think I will stick to buying more familiar products and installing the chips myself.

Brian

·
Registered
121 Posts
Following on from my earlier post, I have now had complete satisfaction regarding the chip failure to my Broadway GE C30-7, thanks go to Broadway and Ken at M G Sharpes.

On another matter I contacted Bachmann Europe regarding some minor spares, I received a positive reply to my E mail within 12 hours, I have sent the required dosh and eagerly await results. More later.

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.