Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Chief cook & bottle washer
2,997 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 24 Oct 2006, 10:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's better now than it was though. My favourite is the dissinterested 16 year old shop girl on the phone talking to her mates, avoiding all eye contact. They are the pits.

I find in many shops the service staff will know shit about what they are selling. It's often pile em high sell em cheap. Warehouse syndrome.

I agree with the arrogant railway shop guy thing as well. I hate asking for something and getting, "what do you want that for don't you know.....", yeah well maybe I do and I don't give a f
just give it to me. A couple of my local rail shops here are like that with the arrogant staff, that would be Branchline of Croydon, however on the contrary Hearns Hobbies on Flinders st have the most helpful staff you could want and will answer any question you have. I put all my business their way.

Thanks Neil, I'll have a google for hearns to see if they've got a website.

·
Chief cook &amp; bottle washer
2,997 Posts
Forgot to say that here in Brisbane we have Austral Modelcraft which is run by Ray Nunn and his Wife Eileen, very helpul and friendly couple. Hope they read this, I might get some discount

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.