Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wow, sounds like theres a lot of disatified modellers out there? I wonder why i have never had bad service from model shops? may be i,m just lucky, I did purchase a Hornby "Princess Elizabeth" some time back, and after several runs around the track, the motion fell to bits, a nut had unwound itself and every thing dropped off, i found most of the loose bits, except for a "O" spacing ring, a quick call to Hornby, and a new ring arrived 2 days later. As for internet shopping, I found R.O.S extremely helpful, when i have ordered anything and they have,nt had it in, I have received a phone call let me know whats happening. Many years ago there was a Model shop in york way, at the side of kings X station, London, its gone now, but i was asked to leave that shop, my offence !! i was 12 years old, I wonder why it closed?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Asked to leave because you were 12? Pull the other one.
I can't recall anyone being banned

Oh dear, did i say i was banned? i don't recall saying that, if i did i sincerely appolagise, but I was asked to leave the shop, and yes I was 12 and the year was 1961, Mainlining? at 12 I thought that was a fast train going north from the cross, cans of paint, solvents, and any other dubious activities, I was totally unaware of at that age.
May be you were the gentleman who asked me to leave, any way what does it matter, it was 45 years ago.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.