Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
What a pleasure to see such a finely modelled British N Gauge loco!
If they had been available to this standard a number of years ago, I might not now own as many continental models as I do. Also good to see that twin flywheels are fitted. Although at N Gauge size , they can never have quite as great an effect as in larger scales, this welcome addition always helps to encourage smooth running.

Note to self - DO NOT BE TEMPTED!!!
But it's very nice indeed.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dapol have told me that Warley 2005 was the busiest show that they have ever experienced. Over 2000 catalogues were distributed and with the vast majority going to N gauge buyers. 99.9% customer satisfaction feedback and with buyers congratulating them on i) the quality of the product ii) delivering on time iii) future new product announcements.

Dapol also comment on a couple of points raised in the review about the Class 66 locomotive:

The actual 'gap' between the bogie and fuel tank should have been 2.97mm (not 4mm at present). However to accommodate a 9" radius curve (which the real locomotive would never encounter) and the diagonal shape of the chassis above the bogie end, Dapol erred on the side of practicality.

When Dapol made the light bracket at the correct size it was too small to mould and handle. So it was made about 12% oversize. It was made in black plastic as part of the body tool, but then with the various paint coats added, it ended up oversize. Therefore for the GBRf versions Dapol have modified the tool to make it actually undersize. Hopefully it will look about right on these and future versions.

Incidentally, from GBRf versions Dapol have also modified the cab front towing brackets from the present rectangular shape to the more correct 'oval'.

All GBRf versions will be complete with etched metal nameplates which will be attached to the body. The cost of these nameplates will be absorbed by Dapol and no extra cost will be applied to the model r.r.p.

Thanks to Dapol for sending us this info and taking the time to respond.

·
Registered
521 Posts
That is interesting additional information from Dapol in direct response to the review here. Very gratifying for both the reviewer and the readers - a helpful and informative touch that makes the company seem more human than some of the 'faceless' ones who tend to avoid a public persona.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts