Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Hi Gerry,
Good to see some progress with a different coupling on British stock ....... though a couple of questions arise with them ....

Why is it deemed neccessary to release a conversion kit disassembling the loco to fit new couplings with a new chassis rather than a way to fit them to existing ones ?

The coupler is listed as working is this fully working without the ''hand of god'' intervening ...... if so do they need a magnet or similar to use them ?

It would be nice to see a coupler for British stock without the need for an electrical uncoupler or similar used in the past, and would make a refreshing change for N scale modellers.

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
QUOTE (Edwin @ 30 Apr 2009, 10:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I believe Microtrains are considering a NEM version of their coupling, though as far as I'm aware they have not committed to producing one. At the moment these can be fitted to the older Farish pockets but not the newer NEM version, so they can't be used as a universal coupling.

Hi Edwin,

N scale British stock/locos has needed a decent coupler able to be uncoupled easily for years i do hope MT develop a conversion for them and as soon as possible allowing modellers better operations on the layout.

1 - 2 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.