Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have been messing with my low emission class 66 from dapol and the thing I have noticed is that the front lights on the loco only have the left handside headlight and top light working I was wondering if there is anything that can be done to get the righthandside light working using a decoder or not or has dapol and farish designed the loco not to have a working light on the right hand side.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK thanks for the replies guys and Edwin I do apologise you are right about the Farish one I noticed that when I had a chance to run my 66952 and noticed there was a very dim light on the right hand side of the loco.

In the 66952 is a loco I got from Chris at Chuffers for a Christmas present last year and he also chipped it with a hornby 4 function decoder so does that mean I can turn the back lights off on that one independantly of the front lights being on then? Or will the hornby chip which is working fine in the loco not be able to handle it.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Martin with regards to the rear red portable lamps I have seen some on ebay in N gauge but they are not lit up. Me and Upnick were thinking of possibly ways of being able to light up a bulb in the lamp and make it flash and the only way of doing it in N gauge would be to fit the lamp to the back of a coach/wagon and then put pickups on the wagons wheels that feeds chip that would be hidden somewhere in the rolling stock so that you can program the cv settings on the chip so that the light has a flashing effect by utilising one of the strobe effects/settings.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah edwin that is something I was hoping to add to my rakes to make them a little more realistic but I think I might struggle with trying to find a suitable power source that will hide in some of the wagons I have in my collection. Not only that trying to find a small enough bulb that would also look right so that there is not much to hide between the wagon and the lamps backside.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Brian I checked out express models and they only do a 4mm rear lamp for wagons/coaches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.