Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
QUOTE (smallman28 @ 9 Jul 2008, 08:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I dont know about the Farish version but the Dapol 66 I had had a small switch on the bottom so that you could change between the day and night setting.
Not sure which way is which but something like top light and left light was daytime and if you switched it to night you would get top light and right light.

I was reliably informed the switch had been taken off the dapol locos to prevent problems with the dcc operations of the 66, shame really.

*** EDWIN *** have you thought of using plasticard painted matt black to box in LED's to lessen the light from them if space allows in the loco or i use heatshrink the right size to block in the light and concentrate it to the direction i need also painting the rear of the led black again to stop any light straying into the cab area.

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
The smallest LED'S i have found are from miniatronics Micro mini types 1.5mm coming in packs of 12 available in yellow/green/red with resistors £3.75 per pack from Digitrains.
I have fitted them to one of my projects http://nick--orwin.photoblog.me.uk/p51751060.html the roof light flashing on cv51 x 37 as to how to mount them an empty wagon would be ideal of course.

**HARKINS** As you know i have more than enough to do at the moment
your on your own with this one i'm afraid

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.