Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BREAKING NEWS

Two Press Releases will be posted on this site at 0930 hrs Thursday 25th January concerning new and exciting Dapol future developments.

We haven't let you down so far - and won't disappoint you on Thursday!

Alisatir

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Thats news that will appear on the Dapol website:-

http://www.dapol.co.uk/

Given that Dapol have done this:-

QUOTE Dapol are proud to have been the market leaders in the following British outline N-gauge advancements:-

1. First with Directional Lighting on Diesels.

2. First with switchable Day / Night lighting on any locomotive.

3. First with NEM coupling boxes on both Steam and Diesel locomotives.

4. First with NEM couplers including 'Buckeye' and decorative 'Chain & Shackle'.

5. First with Super-high detailed bodies on both steam and diesels.

6. First with Super-high detailed rolling stock.

7. First to offer a range of different running numbers at product launch.

8. First with Super close coupling on our new rolling stock.

9. First with DCC ready locomotives

10. First with DCC sound ready locomotives

11. First with magnetic close coupling.

12. First with free annual catalogues.

13. Watch this space………….

14. Because you "ain't-seen-nothing" - YET.

Dapol - i'N'novation in 'N'

What could it be?

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
334 Posts
They are bringing out their own DCC system based on the tried and tested development by Hornby.

Hornby are taking over their N gauge production.

They have bought out Graham Farish.

George Smith now admits DCC is a goer and Modern Image is too.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
I grinned broadly several times whilst reading the news. Dapol have a certain way about how they release news which is entertaining!

Dapol's new motto should be "Dapol - bringing the merriment back into modelling"

Everybody else seems very serious these days. Where has the humour gone folks?

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
guessing that is possibly classed as an attack on Farish!!

the Class 221 good news. and i will have a couple of them.

Alistair

·
Registered
436 Posts
With Hornby/Heljan in OO and Dapol in N maybe Bachmann are feeling a bit of pressure?

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
QUOTE maybe Bachmann are feeling a bit of pressure?

It didn't seem that way at the London Toy fair. Bachmann model in a number of scales and have publically stated that they intend over time to replicate their OO gauge offerings in N gauge.

What sells and is popular in OO gauge they believe will equally sell and be popular among N gauge modellers!

There is some logic to that argument!

Maybe Dapol should produce N gauge models of subjects offered in OO gauge by Hornby rather than N gauge models of OO gauge subjects produced by Bachmann?

Am I right or wrong?

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
436 Posts
If that were the case Gary then why do Farish do models of the 60; 91; HST etc which aren't in their OO range.
I really do think Dapol have put the wind up them and the few N modellers I know over here, if they have a choice will go for Dapol. Supporting the underdog perhaps?

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>I really do think Dapol have put the wind up them and the few N modellers I know over here, if they have a choice will go for Dapol. Supporting the underdog perhaps?

That may be the case for N, but looking at Bachmann's forthcoming OO releases, I think they will get more of my cash this year than Hornby.

David

·
DT
4,794 Posts
QUOTE (ozwarrior @ 28 Jan 2007, 09:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If that were the case Gary then why do Farish do models of the 60; 91; HST etc which aren't in their OO range.
I really do think Dapol have put the wind up them and the few N modellers I know over here, if they have a choice will go for Dapol. Supporting the underdog perhaps?

A bit of history:

Graham Farish started producing N gauge model railway items in 1970 (OO gauge from 1949). The N gauge HST dates from 1981 and the Class 91 from 1990. The Class 60 was also on the drawing board at Poole long before the takeover by Graham Farish by Bachmann in 2000 and was under development at the time of takeover. Note that the forthcoming Graham Farish model produced by Bachmann is a brand new model designed in the UK and tooled in China.

All of these predate the announcement at Warley in 2003 that Dapol were entering the N gauge market. Following the demise of Lima N (ceased 1985) and Minitrix (ceased circa 1997), Graham Farish were the only supplier of British ready to run N gauge. The company was put up for sale in 2000 due to the retirement of the owners and bought by Bachmann. Following transfer of the tooling to China, the range was reworked and gradually reintroduced. The forthcoming HST and Class 101 diesel multiple unit are the last two models to undergo the transformation. There was a period when British ready to run N gauge items were in short supply, the items were reintroduced from 2002 with greatly improved mechanisms and since then the Graham Farish range has been expanded to include new subjects such as the much acclaimed Class 57.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts