Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased the new track cleaner from Dapol and chipped it. All seems well except I cannot alter the default programme CV1 from 3 .
I have tried everything and still will not change from 3. Last resort was to change the chip and ...still the same.
I am using the Bachmann chips as I can get away with a 2 digit code on this model., but would be interested to know id there is anything peculiar about this motor that affects the chip. Logic tells me it should work, so has anyone any ideas or should I try yet another chip.
Any help appreciated

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is the power to the cleaning motor taken via the orange and grey wires? If there is no load across orange and grey, then that could be the problem.

The other solution is to program the chip fitted to another loco and then refit it to the track cleaner.

How do you find the performance of the cleaner? It looks a tempting buy, but some user experience would be welcome.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi Doug
using the MRC prodigy, have not had an issue before.I think the idea of programming it in another chassis could be the answer.Will try it & feed back

Tony

RE the track cleaner.

Have to say it works well, the motor seems quite powerful and the polisher does a good job. I bought the Aztec Annihilator last year which is OK so the combination of that, Goo Gone & the new polishing buffer seems to shine the track well & as I have a 2 level layout its a real blessing.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Another possible solution would be to fit a resistor in line with the motor (even if only temporarily). This might be enough to register with the controller while programming CV1.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh dear, ever felt foolish?
I have discovered the switch I was using to isolate the rolling road/programming track had broken up internally and therefore was not transmitting the programming information to the cleaning wagon's chip.
All sorted now and working well.
For those who asked the cleaner does seem very efficient, I am not sure of the long term effects of using the very fine sander perhaps in a couple of years I will report the rails are down to the sleepers!!!

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE I am not sure of the long term effects of using the very fine sander perhaps in a couple of years I will report the rails are down to the sleepers!!!

I suppose if you are using code 100 rather than 75 it will take a bit longer

David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts