Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts

This particular club layout is in heavy demand on the exhibition circuit and the Dapol Voyager looks absolutely stunning when running through the Arizona desert.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>the Arizona desert
I'm glad you explained that; I didn't think the drought in the midlands here was that severe last summer.

The Voyager is a fine looking model.

David
Been very wet here, but we still have a hose pipe ban...

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE >the Arizona desert
I'm glad you explained that; I didn't think the drought in the midlands here was that severe last summer. It looks like my front lawn at the moment
I'd like a Voyager too. I will probably give the Hornby one a shot.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Neil,

The pendolinos are tilting EMU's and run in 9 car rakes.
Voyagers are DMU's and run in 4 car sets, usually joined together for an 8 car set.
Super Voyagers are tilting DMU's running in 5 car sets.

Alistair

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (alibuchan @ 12 Jan 2007, 19:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neil,

The pendolinos are tilting EMU's and run in 9 car rakes.
Voyagers are DMU's and run in 4 car sets, usually joined together for an 8 car set.
Super Voyagers are tilting DMU's running in 5 car sets.

Alistair

I thought it might be something like that.

You know, I was on a couple of these last summer and I never even noticed!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has anyone fitted a sound decoder to one of these? They look great and would fit in perfectly with my N gauge modern scene layout based on a Southern & Western region theme.

I am sure I read somewhere these are DCC ready and sound ready too?

N gauge british outline models with sound - bring them on!

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to update you on the Voyager coupling info.

Apparently the club member who is heavily into Voyagers actually drives the things for a living and has been doing late shifts since I last saw him!

So no further news on this yet.

Sorry about that.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
is asleep
758 Posts
Hello,

It looks impressive for a British outline model by a British manufacturer. I read elsewhere that the coaches are magnetically connected - does that mean they aren't to NEM standards? Can they be replaced with close-coupling Fleischmann Profi couplers? (Although Dapol say that it close-couples as a Continental modeller I'd have to disagree!)

Arizona just doesn't know what it's missing...

Goedel

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am a bit dissapointed with the Dapol N Voyager to be honest, now having purchased one!

Firstly I need to get 12 wheel sets replaced as these wobble (see Dapol website - known problem on early models).
Secondly, it is very noisy in operation
Thirdly, it doesn't like Peco pointwork much - unfortunately my whole layout is Peco track wise! I am going to need to replace / relay a lot of my trackwork to get this work with derailing at every set of points!

Other than that, its great. I am a bit loath to kit it out with 3 DCC decoders though if I can't get it to run around any significant part of my layout without derailing.

I also see Grafar are now bringing out the same model and other 220's / 222's. Maybe this will run better on my layout.
Anyone else had problems with a Dapol N Voyager running wise?

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (dualfuel @ 1 Mar 2007, 12:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thirdly, it doesn't like Peco pointwork much - unfortunately my whole layout is Peco track wise! I am going to need to replace / relay a lot of my trackwork to get this work with derailing at every set of points!

Have you checked the back to backs ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts