Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Dapol are having a pop at Graham Farish/Bachmann on the bottom of their advert in model rail this month.

DAPOL Innovation in 'N' and Delivering our promises

Anybody else think this is Dapol having a go at Farish.

If you havn't got hold of a voyager go to your local dapol stockist and tell them which one or ones you want and they will make more earlier.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Dapol are reminding customers that they deliver on time as promised. Nothing wrong with making such a claim when accurate and it permits Dapol customers to plan spending.

I had great fun running two Voyagers for half an hour (or was it nearer an hour? time flies when you are having an interesting conversation) at the club last night and if you are an N gauge modeller it is definitely worth taking Dapol up on their request to order early if you want one. Running in is advised as after 1-2 hours these run very much better and with less noise. The body does cause the motor sound to resonate although as OO is my normal "thing" I personally did not think there was much noise anyway with many of my OO locos being very much noisier on the decibel scale. It would be handy to fit capacitors to the light circuits to stop the lights blinking.

If you want to run an 8 car set then there is somebody out there who can supply alternative couplings to permit this. Don't know the name unfortuneately.

I have some pictures of the Voyagers running on the club layout which I will publish later. You will get a surprise. Wait and see! (MRF members =
)

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
982 Posts
Didn't Dapol call off their stanier coaches because Bachmann/Farish announced they were making them? Dapol then went onto produce Gresleys instead. So yes probably a dig and why not! Dapol have an excellent policy of announcing new releases and bringing them out on time with the odd surprise on the way. OO manufacturers could do with taking note

Russell

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
It should perhaps be mentioned that Dapol are a MUCH smaller operation than Bachmann or Hornby. I should stress this is not a dig at Dapol but an observation. I personally do not run N but a friend of mine recently bought a 73 and I thought it to be superb!

I say good luck to Dapol, if they can deliver and others can't then let 'em boast about it - I would!!

Regards

John

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gary
Can you ask at warley club about the couplings as i will need one for my next voyager.

Thanks

Alistair

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.