Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think you may have to think long and hard about what you need on your layout as no one is the same
at this time I'm modeling a RhB layout in HOm which I'll not be running on DCC as BEMO seem to have a number
of funny idea's on how to fit a chip anyway back to your problem I've modeled in 0n30 00 and HO where I've used DCC
and it worked well but I've also had to put a number of very nice but old loco's to one side due to not been able to find a way to fit a chip and yes you can run one unfitted loco at a time on a DCC layout but it will drive you mad
sorry to go on but once I start!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes I would like to run my HOm layout on DCC but how would I put a chip in sonething like a Bemo 2/2
tractor unit which is around 2" long and if you ever need a good laugh try and fit a chip to a split chassis loco
now that is fun I hope I'm not high jacking your tread but if anyone has any info on fitting DCC to BEMO locos
I may change my mind

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rubi is right in a way if your changeing a layout from DC to DCC the last thing you do is the wireing in as much
as you can run your chipped loco's without a problem on your DC layout while you change over as for buying chip's
you pay for what you get this is only me saying this but if I was starting over with DCC I would use Lenz chips
and a Lenz system I use a Digitrax system which is very good but has things on it I'll never use I've used both BACHMANN
and HORNBY chip's and again this is only my view on this but I've never been able to get a HORNBY chip to work right
the new ones are I'm told a little better but sorry not for me the BACHMANN EZ and above are not to bad but
as I said before you get what you pay for

are we all thinking how I'm to fit a chip in to my BEMO 2/2 ?????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.